If you could see where I live then you’d get why I’m featuring this song: I’m surrounded by at least half a metre of snow all around with no definition between the road, the kerb and the raised green. It’s been there for a week and won’t go away any time soon. So it’s all a bit grim really. There’s nothing grim about ‘Castles In The Snow’ though. It’s dark, perhaps even slightly disturbing with that heavy reverb working its magic below the 80s synth and the semi-fragile vocals but it’s not grim. Far from it. I think this is a lovely song, made for the winter in its theme and its design. Twin Shadow’s album is very back-to-the-80s but underneath it all is a thoroughly modern electronic record wanting to break free. It’s that conflict between new and old that creates the magic in ‘Castles In The Snow.’ Well, that’s what I think anyway. It makes going snow-blind just that little bit more bearable.
- New Post: THEE Satisfaction // Deeper wp.me/pPrVi-rC 4 years ago
- New Post: Devlin, Sheeran and Dylan: A Match Made in Hell wp.me/pPrVi-rN 4 years ago
- RT @RozzerM: This is sad. RT @CMU Bloc Weekend promoters announce they have gone into administration - blocweekend.com 4 years ago
- New Post: Searching for the Great American Novelists wp.me/pPrVi-rF 4 years ago
- New Post: Chapel Club // Sleep Alone wp.me/pPrVi-rz 4 years ago
Who’s Saying What?
|Chapel Club // Sleep… on Review // Chapel Club –…|
|Details Of The You A… on Purity Ring // Fineshrine|
|kimonoko on Review // I Wish I Knew (…|
|Free Spirit «… on Austra // Lose It|
|Pie on If… Only Cameron Would S…|
- 57,576 hits
All images and videos used on this blog are being used to add some colour, vibrancy and interactivity. If anyone anywhere has any problems with me using them, I will be more than happy to remove them if necessary.