Pop music can be good y’know. It’s not all vacuous singing with auto-tune and some rubbish beats. Well, Florrie has the beats covered: for years she’s been a drummer and worked on numerous hits from Xenomania, that factory of impeccable pop tunes. Some were better than others though. If you pine for the days when pop was just that little bit more intelligent and, you know, you actually knew who was singing then you could do a heck of a lot worse than checking out Florrie’s debut EP “Introducing”. “Give Me Your Love” has a powerful piano line, stroming drums and the kind of fizz and pazazz that Kylie used to have before she went all strange and Scissor Sisters-esque. For a while now Robyn has been one of the sole keepers of the cred-pop palace but she might have to make room on the throne. Florrie is barging in with a helluva lot of attitude.
- New Post: THEE Satisfaction // Deeper wp.me/pPrVi-rC 4 years ago
- New Post: Devlin, Sheeran and Dylan: A Match Made in Hell wp.me/pPrVi-rN 4 years ago
- RT @RozzerM: This is sad. RT @CMU Bloc Weekend promoters announce they have gone into administration - blocweekend.com 4 years ago
- New Post: Searching for the Great American Novelists wp.me/pPrVi-rF 4 years ago
- New Post: Chapel Club // Sleep Alone wp.me/pPrVi-rz 4 years ago
Who’s Saying What?
|Chapel Club // Sleep… on Review // Chapel Club –…|
|Details Of The You A… on Purity Ring // Fineshrine|
|kimonoko on Review // I Wish I Knew (…|
|Free Spirit «… on Austra // Lose It|
|Pie on If… Only Cameron Would S…|
- 57,576 hits
All images and videos used on this blog are being used to add some colour, vibrancy and interactivity. If anyone anywhere has any problems with me using them, I will be more than happy to remove them if necessary.