It’s hard to know where to start with this odd blast from the past. I presume there must still be a market for this kind of music out there since someone’s gone to the trouble of making it. But I can’t work out why we’d want to expose ourselves to cheesy 90s trance with random bits of sampling going at 140RPM. That’s exactly what Danny Byrd does here. I was a bit hopeful when iTunes said that he distilled “funk” but I’m not sure where the funk is here – someone stole it from Byrd in the 90s obviously. Or they’re using “funk” to mean “stuck in a 90s rut” which would be more appropriate. I gave this two stars, but the second star is mainly for effort and an enthusiasm to keep this kind of music alive and kicking at least 15 years after it was deemed acceptable. For the record I listened for 1 minute, 19 seconds before I deleted the song. See how long you last:
- New Post: THEE Satisfaction // Deeper wp.me/pPrVi-rC 4 years ago
- New Post: Devlin, Sheeran and Dylan: A Match Made in Hell wp.me/pPrVi-rN 4 years ago
- RT @RozzerM: This is sad. RT @CMU Bloc Weekend promoters announce they have gone into administration - blocweekend.com 4 years ago
- New Post: Searching for the Great American Novelists wp.me/pPrVi-rF 4 years ago
- New Post: Chapel Club // Sleep Alone wp.me/pPrVi-rz 4 years ago
Who’s Saying What?
|Chapel Club // Sleep… on Review // Chapel Club –…|
|Details Of The You A… on Purity Ring // Fineshrine|
|kimonoko on Review // I Wish I Knew (…|
|Free Spirit «… on Austra // Lose It|
|Pie on If… Only Cameron Would S…|
- 57,577 hits
All images and videos used on this blog are being used to add some colour, vibrancy and interactivity. If anyone anywhere has any problems with me using them, I will be more than happy to remove them if necessary.