Sometimes a song just makes you want to ask “why”? Or “what”. “Why” did Dinosaur Pile-Up think it would be a good idea to call a song “My Rock’n’Roll”, the height of bad-rock cliches, and “what” were they playing at trying to be a weird hybrid of Foo Fighters and Queens of the Stone Age? These questions and many more will infect your brain as you listen to this four-minute dirge-along that will impress fans of early 90s grunge bands, and infuriate anyone else. The singer tries too hard to be like a mashup of Josh Homme and Kurt Cobain, and the backing track is as their band name suggests: like a bunch of prehistoric animals bashing wildly and incohenrently on various instruments without a second thought to what it might sound like. I only give brownie points to this song because, as I’ve just said, the singer doesn’t do too bad a job of sounding like a classic 90s grunge frontman. But that’s all the good I can muster.
- New Post: THEE Satisfaction // Deeper wp.me/pPrVi-rC 4 years ago
- New Post: Devlin, Sheeran and Dylan: A Match Made in Hell wp.me/pPrVi-rN 4 years ago
- RT @RozzerM: This is sad. RT @CMU Bloc Weekend promoters announce they have gone into administration - blocweekend.com 4 years ago
- New Post: Searching for the Great American Novelists wp.me/pPrVi-rF 4 years ago
- New Post: Chapel Club // Sleep Alone wp.me/pPrVi-rz 4 years ago
Who’s Saying What?
|Chapel Club // Sleep… on Review // Chapel Club –…|
|Details Of The You A… on Purity Ring // Fineshrine|
|kimonoko on Review // I Wish I Knew (…|
|Free Spirit «… on Austra // Lose It|
|Pie on If… Only Cameron Would S…|
- 57,577 hits
All images and videos used on this blog are being used to add some colour, vibrancy and interactivity. If anyone anywhere has any problems with me using them, I will be more than happy to remove them if necessary.