Well you’ve got to hand it to iTunes: they certainly do put out a wide range of music. In the last few weeks we’ve had soul and indie, and now this, a swinging 50s-inspired song from Imelda May, she of the amazing quiff. Her album “Mayhem” is released in October and considering how long she’s been hanging around doing her retro thing for so long I was surprised to see how little of it she’d actually released. “Sneaky Freak” is a great burst of fast-paced swing that’s guaranteed to break up the monotony of all that 80s-inspired electro-pop we’re becoming so used to. Even the production on the downloadable version of this track has that 50s, almost Elvis-inspired feel to it. Are you sure we’re not in a time warp and I’m not about to play the washboard? Doesn’t matter. When it’s this good, who’s complaining?
- New Post: THEE Satisfaction // Deeper wp.me/pPrVi-rC 4 years ago
- New Post: Devlin, Sheeran and Dylan: A Match Made in Hell wp.me/pPrVi-rN 4 years ago
- RT @RozzerM: This is sad. RT @CMU Bloc Weekend promoters announce they have gone into administration - blocweekend.com 4 years ago
- New Post: Searching for the Great American Novelists wp.me/pPrVi-rF 4 years ago
- New Post: Chapel Club // Sleep Alone wp.me/pPrVi-rz 4 years ago
Who’s Saying What?
|Chapel Club // Sleep… on Review // Chapel Club –…|
|Details Of The You A… on Purity Ring // Fineshrine|
|kimonoko on Review // I Wish I Knew (…|
|Free Spirit «… on Austra // Lose It|
|Pie on If… Only Cameron Would S…|
- 57,576 hits
All images and videos used on this blog are being used to add some colour, vibrancy and interactivity. If anyone anywhere has any problems with me using them, I will be more than happy to remove them if necessary.