I’m not usually into pop like this, but I’ve harboured a love of Anita Blay aka the Cocknbullkid, for a couple of years now. In 2008 I discovered her brilliant songs “On My Own Again” and “I’m Not Sorry”. Both were quite stripped down but funky and catchy at the same time. Now the Londoner has re-emerged and is sounding considerably beefed-up. This song, perhaps a rare one that’s eponymously titled, is simply joyous, features an on-repeat piano line and the range of Blay’s voice. It’s different to what I’d normally feature but hey, you gotta love Anita:
- New Post: THEE Satisfaction // Deeper wp.me/pPrVi-rC 4 years ago
- New Post: Devlin, Sheeran and Dylan: A Match Made in Hell wp.me/pPrVi-rN 4 years ago
- RT @RozzerM: This is sad. RT @CMU Bloc Weekend promoters announce they have gone into administration - blocweekend.com 4 years ago
- New Post: Searching for the Great American Novelists wp.me/pPrVi-rF 4 years ago
- New Post: Chapel Club // Sleep Alone wp.me/pPrVi-rz 4 years ago
Who’s Saying What?
|Chapel Club // Sleep… on Review // Chapel Club –…|
|Details Of The You A… on Purity Ring // Fineshrine|
|kimonoko on Review // I Wish I Knew (…|
|Free Spirit «… on Austra // Lose It|
|Pie on If… Only Cameron Would S…|
- 57,576 hits
All images and videos used on this blog are being used to add some colour, vibrancy and interactivity. If anyone anywhere has any problems with me using them, I will be more than happy to remove them if necessary.