Yay, MIA is back and she released her third, much-anticipated album “Maya” last week! This is a great song from the album and it’s also the new single. It shows that our Maya has gone into a more poppy direction without losing any of her edge. But aside from that, could this song be any more now? References to iPhone, Twitter and Quentin Tarantino all appear but there’s loads more current zeitgeist-y references buried in there as well. At its heart though, this is a song about a dying relationship, hinging around the chorus of “You wanna be with somebody that I’m really not”. Aww, it’s good to have her back:
- New Post: THEE Satisfaction // Deeper wp.me/pPrVi-rC 4 years ago
- New Post: Devlin, Sheeran and Dylan: A Match Made in Hell wp.me/pPrVi-rN 4 years ago
- RT @RozzerM: This is sad. RT @CMU Bloc Weekend promoters announce they have gone into administration - blocweekend.com 4 years ago
- New Post: Searching for the Great American Novelists wp.me/pPrVi-rF 4 years ago
- New Post: Chapel Club // Sleep Alone wp.me/pPrVi-rz 4 years ago
Who’s Saying What?
|Chapel Club // Sleep… on Review // Chapel Club –…|
|Details Of The You A… on Purity Ring // Fineshrine|
|kimonoko on Review // I Wish I Knew (…|
|Free Spirit «… on Austra // Lose It|
|Pie on If… Only Cameron Would S…|
- 57,576 hits
All images and videos used on this blog are being used to add some colour, vibrancy and interactivity. If anyone anywhere has any problems with me using them, I will be more than happy to remove them if necessary.