Another not very freshly squeezed effort again from me today folks, although maybe you’ve not heard of The Very Best before? If you haven’t, they were a project that emerged last year who melded together world beats and ideas with tinges of western dance and electro to great effect. Their debut album “Warm Heart of Africa” came out last year and the title track featured Vampire Weekend frontman Ezra Koenig on vocal duties. Here the singing is by Esau Mwamwaya who brings a good sprinkle of African tribal authenticity to “Julia”. I have to say that the track takes a while to get going, but don’t let that put you off: the backing track may be slight and perhaps undercooked, but that’s just to let Esau and the rest of the backing singers really shine through. It’ll grow on you:
- New Post: THEE Satisfaction // Deeper wp.me/pPrVi-rC 4 years ago
- New Post: Devlin, Sheeran and Dylan: A Match Made in Hell wp.me/pPrVi-rN 4 years ago
- RT @RozzerM: This is sad. RT @CMU Bloc Weekend promoters announce they have gone into administration - blocweekend.com 4 years ago
- New Post: Searching for the Great American Novelists wp.me/pPrVi-rF 4 years ago
- New Post: Chapel Club // Sleep Alone wp.me/pPrVi-rz 4 years ago
Who’s Saying What?
|Chapel Club // Sleep… on Review // Chapel Club –…|
|Details Of The You A… on Purity Ring // Fineshrine|
|kimonoko on Review // I Wish I Knew (…|
|Free Spirit «… on Austra // Lose It|
|Pie on If… Only Cameron Would S…|
- 57,576 hits
All images and videos used on this blog are being used to add some colour, vibrancy and interactivity. If anyone anywhere has any problems with me using them, I will be more than happy to remove them if necessary.