Canadian electro noise-makers Crystal Castles are back with their second (rush-released) album “Crystal Castles (II)” – the fact that they’ve named this effort exactly the same as their debut album has caused slight problems during explanations. Personally, if you just say “Crystal Castles Two” then there should be no problem, right? Never mind that, on to “Celestica” which is a more accessible slice of pie from the often thrashy duo. While their take on electro normally takes no prisoners (imagine someone like Slipknot transferred to synthesisers with strange Nintendo-style bleeps and a screaming banshee in the form of Alice Glass singing), this track is actually quite lovely. Well, anything where we can actually hear Alice singing instead of, er, shouting. It’s still a bit edgy but it’s also a bit dreamy and swooning too:
- New Post: THEE Satisfaction // Deeper wp.me/pPrVi-rC 4 years ago
- New Post: Devlin, Sheeran and Dylan: A Match Made in Hell wp.me/pPrVi-rN 4 years ago
- RT @RozzerM: This is sad. RT @CMU Bloc Weekend promoters announce they have gone into administration - blocweekend.com 4 years ago
- New Post: Searching for the Great American Novelists wp.me/pPrVi-rF 4 years ago
- New Post: Chapel Club // Sleep Alone wp.me/pPrVi-rz 4 years ago
Who’s Saying What?
|Chapel Club // Sleep… on Review // Chapel Club –…|
|Details Of The You A… on Purity Ring // Fineshrine|
|kimonoko on Review // I Wish I Knew (…|
|Free Spirit «… on Austra // Lose It|
|Pie on If… Only Cameron Would S…|
- 57,576 hits
All images and videos used on this blog are being used to add some colour, vibrancy and interactivity. If anyone anywhere has any problems with me using them, I will be more than happy to remove them if necessary.